January 29, 2013
As with many MAC limited edition collections, what sells out will most likely reappear in the future. This particular Paint Pot first came out in the Cham-Pale collection a couple years ago and is now back on the market with the debut of Pro Longwear Paint Pots. The shade called Vintage Selection is a frosted champagne with a muted peach base that is filled different sized light glitters. MAC Paint Pots can be used as bases or eye shadows and are typically long wearing with a cream texture.
The formula is so velvet soft that it tends to spread uneven unless properly blended out. The pearly finish really looks beautiful on the skin, and appears pigmented with one swipe. The texture is creamy and easy to apply, making it the perfect consistency to dab on with a finger and go. After a short while it sets and has a excellent lasting power; even a dry scrub will not take this product off. Without a primer underneath, it did crease a bit on my oily lids after a full day of wear especially when built up in layers. However when topped with a powder eye shadow, it did not budge.
The only dupe I found was the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #13, which has less pink tones.
This Paint Pot as well as the rest of the new Pro Longwear collection is available at MAC for $18.50 (.17 ounces).
Having picked up this shade when it first came out, I only put a small dent in the product despite how often I use it. If properly sanitized, a jar like this could last years if the formula stays in tact, which makes it a great value. I love how easy the texture is to work with and also how glowing and vibrant the color is on the lids.
What is your favorite MAC Paint Pot?
- MAC Paint Pot in Vintage Selection - Review
- MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Trace Gold - Review...
- bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener - Revi...
- Confessions Of Beauty Blogger - Tag
- 'Coolest' New Nail Polish of Winter 2013
- Alpha Beta Daily Facial Peel - First Impression Re...
- Studded Snowfall - Fashion Inspiration
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation - Review
- Target & Sally Beauty Supply Haul
- Custom Palette of Neutral MAC Eyeshadows - Review
- The Year of Believing
- ▼ Jan (11)
Powered by Blogger.