May 11, 2012
This Sunday in the United States, it is Mother's Day. I plan to take a trip with my mom to Connecticut to meet up with my nana and sister for coffee and pastry at one of our favorite cafes. It's one of those cozy, dimly lit places with an old piano, little cakes on porcelain china, and dainty, non-matching tea cups.
For a gift, I purchased my mom the original Chloe fragrance she's been wanting ever since I gave her a sample. I am more than excited to see her face when she receives it because it's a total surprise. Once in awhile I can be a terrible procrastinator, but Sephora's free 3 day shipping totally saved me this time.
It's those small special things that are most important on holidays like this. Although not necessary, a little splurge or even a handmade gift to show your appreciation is always so thoughtful. The biggest and best present is to give your time and simply enjoy the day with those you love. It's easy to get caught up in the stresses of life that we forgot to show a little extra attention to that someone who brought us into the world.
Sometimes we disagree and don't see eye to eye, but I love my mother for what she has in her heart. Remember to give a call or send a card to your grandmothers as well; without them we especially wouldn't be here.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend full of laughs, smiles and quality time with those who mean the most.
Thanks for reading, talk soon.
- Beauty Haul! A Peek at What's to Come...
- Nars Illuminator in Orgasm - Review & Swatches
- 3 Ways to Wear: White Denim Shorts - Fashion Inspi...
- Why Tone Your Face? Olay Oil Minimizing Toner - Re...
- Pink Punch - Fashion Inspiration
- Guerlain Shine Automatique in 'Extrait De Rose' & ...
- Redken Extreme Shampoo Review
- Makeup Tag!
- Weekend Wishes - Happy Mother's Day
- 3 Ways to Wear: Peach Pants
- Trendy Colored Dip Dye Hair Ideas and Products
- Sheer Cover Lip to Lid Highlighter in Peach
- Tutorial - Hot Pink Glitter Barbie Nails
- The Sunshine Award!
- Hair Journey 4.30.12 Update #4
- ▼ May (15)
Powered by Blogger.