May 03, 2012
These super bright Barbie inspired nails are so fun and easy to achieve. I chose to use fake nails because my own are short right now and I personally think that this neon combination looks best on longer nails. Everything in this tutorial can be found at the drugstore.
You will need a set of 10 nails, preferably light colored ones that would be easy to paint over. I found these ones at the Dollar Tree! Also, a nail file and clippers are useful for cutting the length and shaping the nails to your preference.
I picked up these two colors by Wet 'n' Wild at C.V.S Pharmacy. 'Plastic Flamingo' is a medium, blue based pink with a milky finish. 'I Gotta Confection To Make' is a blend of different sized gold, silver, orange, blue, green, and lavender sparkles and glitters all in a sheer pink base. I will review these more in-depth soon!
I applied three coats of the solid pink shade to cover the plastic nail so it was completely opaque, then I did one swipe of the glitter polish on top. I added another extra coat of glitter to the thumb nails to make it the 'accent nail'.
After all the polish dried, I applied one coat of a clear polish to make the nails look shiny and to prevent chipping. I then used a Q-tip dipped in acetone to take off any oil or residue on my own nails. I chose to use brush on nail glue because for me it's easier, however the tube glue works perfectly fine too.
I applied a layer of glue on my nail, then on the bottom half of the fake nail and pressed it on and held for about 30 seconds each time.
I then put on another coat of the clear polish once all the nails were on.
That's it! Make sure to toss the nail glue in your purse as fake nails don't last too long and tend pop off randomly. I hope you enjoyed this easy way to achieve a fun Barbie manicure.
Do you ever wear glue-on or press-on nails?
- Beauty Haul! A Peek at What's to Come...
- Nars Illuminator in Orgasm - Review & Swatches
- 3 Ways to Wear: White Denim Shorts - Fashion Inspi...
- Why Tone Your Face? Olay Oil Minimizing Toner - Re...
- Pink Punch - Fashion Inspiration
- Guerlain Shine Automatique in 'Extrait De Rose' & ...
- Redken Extreme Shampoo Review
- Makeup Tag!
- Weekend Wishes - Happy Mother's Day
- 3 Ways to Wear: Peach Pants
- Trendy Colored Dip Dye Hair Ideas and Products
- Sheer Cover Lip to Lid Highlighter in Peach
- Tutorial - Hot Pink Glitter Barbie Nails
- The Sunshine Award!
- Hair Journey 4.30.12 Update #4
- ▼ May (15)
Powered by Blogger.