May 17, 2012
After months of use, I finally emptied a shampoo bottle, yay! Feels like an accomplishment sometimes because it takes ages to finish one up whilst my conditioner needs to be replaced every month or two it seems.
Anyway, this is an amazing product by Redken that has become one of my favorite shampoos. It was recommended to me after I had a bad experience with a relaxer (click here to read about that) by the hairstylist who chopped off my chemically damaged hair and gave me advice on how to restore it.
This product is made especially for distressed hair. It's formulated to provide advanced strengthening to the core and surface of the hair fiber while preventing future breakage. It is definitely a light shampoo that doesn't lather too much, however it cleanses so well and even leaves hair shiny after washes. The protein in this product is what gives your hair some structure and with a balance of a moisturizing conditioner, the duo will help recover even the worst of hair damage.
I would definitely recommend a salon quality shampoo for those with hair that is color or chemically treated. The Extreme shampoo is a perfect source of lipids and proteins that will reconstruct damaged hair and help to improve it's texture and strength. I only needed a small amount for my thick hair and this bottle has lasted me literally months when using it twice a week. I did notice all the effects claimed on the bottle and will definitely be repurchasing it in the future.
I purchased my bottle at a salon for about $15, however Redken products can be found online as well. I know some retailers like Target or Wal-mart can carry this brand in store, however Redken is usually only exclusive to salons and are potential to be 'diversion' when found elsewhere. The only downfall in my opinion is the price tag, however the overall results are worth the investment.
Have you ever used this line or any Redken products?
- Beauty Haul! A Peek at What's to Come...
- Nars Illuminator in Orgasm - Review & Swatches
- 3 Ways to Wear: White Denim Shorts - Fashion Inspi...
- Why Tone Your Face? Olay Oil Minimizing Toner - Re...
- Pink Punch - Fashion Inspiration
- Guerlain Shine Automatique in 'Extrait De Rose' & ...
- Redken Extreme Shampoo Review
- Makeup Tag!
- Weekend Wishes - Happy Mother's Day
- 3 Ways to Wear: Peach Pants
- Trendy Colored Dip Dye Hair Ideas and Products
- Sheer Cover Lip to Lid Highlighter in Peach
- Tutorial - Hot Pink Glitter Barbie Nails
- The Sunshine Award!
- Hair Journey 4.30.12 Update #4
- ▼ May (15)
Powered by Blogger.