April 25, 2012
Okay, so she's 9 years old and her glorious pup days are far in the past. To me, she will always be my little baby...
That is my dog Daisy. She is a fawn Chihuahua who enjoys long walks in the park and yummy treats. She was in fact born a long haired dog- she just gets haircuts in order to keep her cool, clean and looking cuter than ever. We recently made the switch from Petco to Petsmart for her monthly grooming and I am in love with the style they gave her.
I use to cut her nails, shampoo and condition her, brush her teeth and all that by myself until her hair started to need trims. Now I take her to the groomers who work all the magic and manage to put pretty little bows at her ears. It is a little more expensive than DIY but in order to save her from looking like a hot puppy mess I let the professionals cut her the proper way.
The women who worked at this Petsmart were so incredibly nice, and my sometimes nervous pup didn't leave with any shakes- she actually seemed sort of relaxed. I sometimes felt like the other store didn't put any effort into interacting with the owners and always had these dreadfully miserable looks on their faces. The grooming center was always super cramped and very clinical looking without the same cleanliness.
In our town, the Petsmart store is much more sanitary and bright than the small and dingy Petco. The prices to get your pet a haircut are about equal as well. I feel much more comfortable bringing Daisy there which is sort of silly because I'm sure the environment doesn't bother her quite as much. I know animals have those senses too- but there really wasn't anything terribly wrong with Petco. I just wasn't feeling the 'vibe'.. whatever that means. I think for the same amount of money, having your pet in a friendly, more positive environment is worth the extra few miles or dollars. I know all stores are different; however the more inexpensive option isn't always best.
In a world where the canine is man's best friend, spend a little more time and effort to make sure they are well taken care of and happy.
If you are here in America and happen to be looking for a cheaper, clean place to have your pets styled then definitely give Petsmart a try.
See more of Daisy here in my the Pet Tag!
Do any of you get your pooches groomed? Is a good environment something you look for?
- Short Spring Dresses for Prom 2012 - Fashion Inspi...
- 5 Days Left to Enter Giveaway - M.A.C. Lipstick & ...
- Get Those Feet Ready for Summer Sandals! Foot Soft...
- 15 Unique Tips for Using Acetone
- Puppy Tales - Cutting My Dog's Hair
- Flashy Favorites - Handbag Inspiration
- Benefit Cosmetics Makeup Brushes
- Lustrous Lavender Makeup Look
- It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product - Review
- Milani Marbleized Baked Eyeshadow in Green Fortune...
- The Golden Touch - Jewelry Inspiration
- Milani Haute Flash Lipgloss- Flashy & Quick Flash
- MAC Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Young Venus
- MAC Lovecloud Powder Blush - Tres Cheek Collection...
- Haute Hippy - Fashion Inspiration
- MAC 'Watch Me Simmer' Lipstick - Reel Sexy Collect...
- MAC Haul: Spring Collections
- Blogger Appreciation Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: Easter Glam
- Spring Giveaway - Limited Ed. MAC Lipstick, e.l.f....
- Hair Journey 3.31.12 Update #3
- ▼ Apr (21)
Powered by Blogger.