February 01, 2012
This concealer is one of the best I've found from the drugstore. It is creamy, smooth, and blends so well into the skin that it appears natural. The color of the liquid is tinted orange, which is perfect for covering up blue, purple or dark areas such as under the eyes. I have fair skin and the shade 'Light Medium' works well for me. I chose that shade instead of the lightest one they have because it had more of the orange tone that I need for my pigmented dark circles. Personally I think it does not provide enough coverage for raised blemishes- but for flat discolorations such as scarring or hyperpigmentation it works well.
The product is targeted more towards mature skin due to the 'age'defying' and moisturizing properties. However, most women who are looking for a buildable, heavier coverage concealer will like this formula.
The SPF is a great benefit to using this under the eyes because there usually isn't much protection from the sun in that area. I don't know of too many eye creams that have an SPF in them- or many people that put sun screen directly under their eyes. That is a part of the face that wrinkles very easily and noticeably, so it is wise to use some sort of protection when exposed to the sun.
Revlon's overview: "Hydrates, restores, conceals. The only concealer with Botafirm conceals imperfections due to aging, dark circles, and discoloration. Soft, satin finish. "
Unfortunately, this product is only is available in 4 shades. Anyone who is darker than a olive complexion will find the colors to be too light.
Overall, I would recommend this concealer to anyone. It is readily available in most drugstores, and is very pigmented. For the small amount needed to cover an area on the face, the tube will last a long time.
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.