February 07, 2012
Bio-Oil is a super popular skincare oil that was developed in the 1970's and has been winning international awards since. It is formulated to treat scars, blemishes, stretchmarks, aging and dehydrated skin, and uneven skin tone. The naturally restorative vitamins and plant extracts in the product are easily absorbed due to the light and non-greasy PurCellin Oil. It is recommended to use the oil twice daily for a minimum of 3 months to see significant results on old scars or damaged skin. However, pregnant women or others looking to use it for preventative measures should use it continuously as well to reap all the benefits.
I have been using this product about once daily for about 2 months now have seen good results so far. The small red stretch marks that I had are slowly fading into a pinkish tan color. I sometimes apply it to my face to lighten up my acne scars and hyperpigmentation- and after a few weeks I did notice more evenness in my skin tone. After showering, I take a small amount and massage it into my skin until it is fully absorbed. I really like the smell and it does not leave a residue after it is dried like cocoa butter or other scar products I have tried in the past.
Bio-Oil can be expensive depending on where you find it. Eight now it is on sale at Target and also can be bought on Amazon for the low price I've found so far. For the 'green' ingredients and noticeable results I think it is worth the money. Depending how much is needed and how often it's applied will depend on how long the bottle will last. My 2 oz. bottle I've used once daily for 2 months is still about 1/4 full. I will definitely be repurchasing the oil on Amazon when I run out. Where to buy
Botanicals in Bio-Oil
Calendula oil: nourishes dry skin, soothes damaged and irritated skin
Lavender oil: anti-inflammatory, treats skin trauma
Rosemary oil: stimulating, tones the skin
Chamomile oil: anti-inflammatory, removes toxins
Vitamins in Bio-Oil
Vitamin A: lightens hyperpigmentation, treats acne
Vitamin E: antioxidant, anti-aging, scar healing, strengthens skin barrier
Mineral oil: natural moisturizer
Sunflower seed oil: protects, prevents skin conditions from occurring
I found this information from my "375 Essential Oils and Hydrosols" by Jeanne Rose book and also from my personal herbology knowledge.
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.