February 23, 2012
This lip product from Maybelline is in the shade 005 Perpetual Peony; an opaque candy pink color with a slight purple/blue undertone.
On my lips, the texture is a bit sticky; however this is because of the long-lasting pigments that allow the product to adhere to the skin better. The formula is incredibly creamy and rich, and looks matte until it hits the light and shows a bit of glossy sheen. It is not drying or does not look flaky like some other lip products designed with staying power, even without any exfoliation or lip balm applied underneath. The color does transfer onto cups and skin (I kissed the back of my hand to test this), but it doesn't come completely off.
After about 6 hours, the color was still noticeable and ended up looking more like a tint since the thickness and luster wore off. It does leave a stain even after roughly wiping with a paper tissue, and only was fully removed with a makeup wipe.
The packaging looks sleek with a mix white of plastic and a metal tube; definitely unique for the average drugstore lipstick. The peek of color on the outside makes it easy to spot the shade when stored.
The shade in the tube looks different from how it shows on the lips; I was surprised at how much more bold and fun it appeared on my naturally darker lips. It smells mildly like fruity candy, which is also nice touch.
This bright color is definitely wearable, but I wouldn't recommend it for an everyday look at the office or any other professional atmosphere, unless you feel confident enough to rock it- than by all means, go for it! It's just not a natural or subtle color because of the purple/blue base.
Perpetual Peony is a darker, more pigmented dupe of MAC Cosmetics' Saint Germain lipstick that is described on their website as a "clean pastel pink". Here are some images and swatches you can see on Google since I do not own that shade.
I found mine at Target for $7.29. The full 20 shade collection can be purchased on Maybelline's website, and a select few at Ulta, Kmart, and many drugstores as well.
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.