February 10, 2012
On my last makeup look I received so many positive comments about the blue mascara I wore that I decided to do an individual post on it. The shade is called Royal Blue by Maybelline, which is a bright mid-toned blue color. It's a fun product to use for a interesting pop of color on an unexpected part of the eye. Depending on how much is applied, the blue can look very subtle if used lightly or very dramatic if put on in layered coats. The formula is the same as the normal black Great Lash and creates thicker and more voluminous looking lashes. I have also tried a blue mascara from a brand called Hard Candy that makes several other colored ones including gold and purple. If I were to compare the two, I would prefer the Great Lash mascara because it is more bold and shows up better on the lashes. There are tons of high end brands that offer a blue mascara as well, including Benefit and Urban Decay.
The effect of wearing a colored mascara can enhance the eye color and look really stunning when someone is close enough to notice it. Brown eyes will appear more golden, blue eyes more blue, and hazel eyes more green. A mascara in a darker shade of blue is going to make the lashes look more natural and defined. The lighter, more neon shades will look more funky which is why they are typically used for a more vibrant look.
I first started using blue mascara on just the bottom lashes because it contrasts with the whites of the eyes; making them look more awake, bright, and open. Sometimes if I would have a simple or neutral eye look I would wear it on both the top and bottom lashes for a unique effect. It can also be layered on top of black mascara for a more dimensional, fun look.
Tip: To make the blue mascara pop more, first apply a white eyelash primer.
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.