February 10, 2012
The super popular handmade cosmetic company called Lush makes a environmentally savvy version of the classic moisturizer known as petroleum jelly called Ultrabalm. This stuff is my ultimate savor right now due to the cold winter weather that dries out my hands, feet and lips. The texture is super thick and feels slightly greasy when first applied, then thins out and is absorbed into the skin quite nicely after being rubbed in. As with some other Lush products, the balm has a unique scent that is earthy- similar to wood chips. It doesn't bother me at all, however those who are sensitive to smell might not like it.
It is an all-purpose balm that provides intense moisture wherever on the body it's needed. This is the only moisturizer that can both hydrate and heal my dry cuticles and chapped lips so well and so quickly. The little tub is easy to throw in my purse and use on the go. Overall it's a completely vegan product that I can feel good about and enjoy using every day.
Jojoba oil- light oil that is extremely moisturizing and easily absorbed into skin
Candelilla wax- locks in moisture and creates a protective barrier
Rose wax- soothes irritations like chafing or dry cracks
I picked this up at the Lush store in the Orlando International Airport when I visited Florida this past summer. It costs $12.95 and in my opinion is definitely worth every penny. The container is small, however only a tiny bit of the balm is needed at a time. I love this product and will continue to repurchase it as long as it's made.
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.