February 26, 2012
This is the perfect product to pamper your lips on those days where they look a little flaky, dry, or in need of a little revitalizing. Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics sells this scrub made out of only four ingredients. Two of those ingredients are all natural, and the other two include the gorgeous "aurora pink" coloring and the vegan bubblegum flavoring that tastes so yummy and smells like the popular 'Snow Fairy' shower gel.
Lush's descriptions of the main ingredients:
Castor Sugar "is a particularly fine-grained sugar, which dissolves in water very easily. It is used as a culinary ingredient..we like to use it in our bath products."
Organic Jojoba Oil "is an excellent moisturizer and softener for skin..it is more readily absorbed and tolerated by the top layer of our skin."
Why Exfoliate the Lips?
The lips are a part of the face that can tend to be a little bit neglected. The health of your lips is actually the best telltale sign of whether or not you are drinking enough water to keep hydrated or if you are properly moisturizing your skin. Dry, chapped lips indicate a lack of moisture or damage from exposure to sun, wind or cold temperatures. Full, soft, plump lips indicate decent hydration as well as proper protection from outside elements. Using something like a scrub will help to rid of any dead skin while allowing any product placed on the lips to sink in better, thus making the lips look and feel smooth.
How to Use & Benefits
The way to use the scrub is to scoop a little with a finger and simply rub it all over your lips to exfoliate for a minute or two, leaving them soft and clean. The sugar is actually edible and does have a sweet bubblegum taste, so Lush suggests to lick it off when you are done scrubbing. If you don't want to do that, just wipe the sugar crystals off with your finger or a napkin. For me, the jojoba oil does not moisturize my lips as much as I'd like, so I usually apply a balm or Vaseline after using the scrub which makes them look supple and hydrated.
I always use this product right before I put on any colored lip product (especially a matte lipstick) to make it apply more smooth and look flawless. This product also is great for removing color from the lips such as stains or those darker shades that are stubborn to get off. Since the castor sugar is such a gentle abrasive sugar, the scrub is perfectly fine for daily use.
Is it Worth it?
I've had this little jar for several months now and it's still pretty full as you can see from the picture. Since you only need a small amount, this product will last a long time even when used often. Keep in mind though that the freshness of the ingredients means a quicker expiration date. If you don't wear lip products too often, or don't find that you need the extra exfoliation, this scrub may not for you. Those makeup addicts who want the look of smooth, even lips when wearing lipstick should definitely pick this up.
If the bubblegum flavor isn't your thing, Lush also has two other scrubs:
Mint Julips: peppermint and chocolate flavor & "mint chocolate chip ice cream" scent
Sweet Lips: chocolate and vanilla flavor & "creamy milk chocolate bar" scent
$8.95 at Lush.com
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.