February 08, 2012
This liquid facial cleanser is from the L'Oreal skin expertise line. The one I have is called 'Anti-Breakout' and contains a salicylic acid acne treatment. I mostly use it when my skin becomes congested which is usually two weeks out of the month. My acne is hormonal and usually only flares up at the beginning of my premenstrual cycle. If you suffer from acne all of the time or even randomly, this would be an appropriate wash to use daily.
For me, it is a bit too drying to use so often since I also use a night time acne repair treatment with similar ingredients. I notice that my breakouts do dry out and clear up after about 4 or 5 days of use. I don't see a huge difference in terms of my blackheads disappearing, however they do tend to secrete out of the pore and become much easier to extract. Overall, my skin looks much more even and very clean when I use this face wash.
The rubber scrublette that comes attached is great for rubbing the product into the skin and for gently exfoliating. The formula is initially thick; however when applied in a circular motion on the face it turns into a refreshing white foam. The is menthol and peppermint leaf extract in the cleanser smells nice and makes the skin feel fresh. The product does a really good job at taking off face makeup as well as any dirt and oil.
The main active ingredient called salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin at a cellular level and kills the bacteria that causes acne. It is widely used in many blemish fighting products because it works so well to clean the pores while preventing new breakouts from occurring. Like most acne treatments, over time this ingredient can cause the skin to become very dry. If using it, be sure to moisturize after cleansing to hydrate and protect.
There are four other specialized formulas in the line that I've heard good things about. If you'd like to check them out, here's a link to L'Oreal's website. This product is around $6.99 and available at most drugstores. I found mine at Target on clearance for $4.00, so be sure to check out your local sales.
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.