February 24, 2012
This two in one face powder combo is from an Italian makeup artist's brand Laura Geller Makeup. The blush in the bottom portion is in the shade Como which is a marbled mix of a berry color, a pink and a bronzed tan that when blended turns into a gorgeous peach with subtle micro glitter. The highlighter at the top in Portofino is a super shimmery, orange toned gold shade that gleams in the light. Both of the powders are baked for a light texture that looks dewy and glows on the skin.
Each feels very smooth, thin, and easy to apply. They are also more on the sheer side, which in turn makes them very blendable. The warm gold as a highlight on top of the cheekbones with the peach as a blush on the apples of the cheeks makes for a nice combination that brightens up the face. The lasting power isn't the best, and the powders tend to fade into my oily skin after a few hours of wear.
The packaging is plastic and lightweight, but the black color and the half moon shaped mirror on the inside adds a bit of sophistication.
This compact was a part of a Birchbox package I purchased a few months ago. If you are unfamiliar with that a Birchbox is, it's a $10 a month subscription that contains 4-5 sample products ranging from makeup to toiletries; very similar to Glossy Box, My Glam, Glymm, etc.
I was so surprised to find out that I had received the full size of this product that retails on it's own for $29.50. That is the awesome perk of signing up for one of these types of boxes. The contents vary from full size to deluxe samples and sometimes sachets too, but the total retail value of each product if sold separately usually ends up being way more expensive than the price paid for the box.
Laura Geller Makeup can be found on Amazon.com, Ulta.com, QVC, and also her website. This specific product that I have reviewed is available here through Birchbox's website.
Tip: Baked blush tends to be light and shimmery, so it makes for a great top layer with a more pigmented and matte cream or powder blush applied underneath for a healthy glow.
- My 7th Versatile Blogger Award!
- Fashion Inspiration: The Modern Bohemian
- Kelly Green Smoked Out Crease Look
- Love your Lips! Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten: Como & Portofino
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hr Lipstick: Perpetual Peo...
- Essie 'Jazz' and Revlon 'Sparkling' Nail Polish Lo...
- Hair Health: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
- Flirty Brights Look - Carry Bradshaw Inspired
- 1 Month Anniversary!
- Copper Sunset Wearable Makeup Look
- Ecotools Limited Edition Beautiful Expressions Kab...
- Favorite Fragrances: Victoria's Secret Bombshell
- Highlighting the Eye: Inner Corner, Waterline & Br...
- e.l.f. Studio Blush & a Nars Orgasm Dupe!
- Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Nail Color: Toad-ally Amazing...
- D.I.Y Clip-in Hair Feather Extensions
- Sharing the Love- Want to be on my Page?
- Cozy on Valentine's Look
- Cute Blog Award #2 & #3
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster: Beige
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Royal Blue
- Lush Ultrabalm
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel
- Purple Haze with Blue Mascara Makeup Look
- L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Cleanser
- Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon: Silent Treatment
- One Lovely Blog Award & My Nominees
- Inspiration: Modern 50's Look
- Natural Skincare: Bio-Oil
- Buxom Conditioning Lashliner: Suede
- Valentine's Date Outfit
- L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Amber Rush
- Hair Journey 1/31/12: Update #1
- Cute & Simple Perfume Sample DIY Idea
- NYX Round Lipstick: Power and Thalia
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray
- Vintage Style Army Boots
- Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- ▼ Feb (40)
Powered by Blogger.